Monday, January 2, 2012

Some work and some really fun stuff

I love to write, read and get free stuff; and not in that order. This year, I decided that while I am embracing the authentic me and all the possibilities in my purpose, I would address every aspect of recovering from a traumatic event, such as divorce or the loss of a spouse, etc.

There are several important steps involved in this journey. One is grief counseling. It is oh so necessary to grieve those things or persons who are lost to us so that we can get on with healing. Also integral is to realize we are all intrinsically different, and so is our grieving process. No cookie cutter process will work - we each have to go through it in our own distinct way - and I've yet to see anyone go through it without God and be successful.

Another component to the journey is loving thy self. This is such a hard concept to embrace because we feel like we are displacing God - but God loves us. He wants us to love ourselves too. The greatest characteristic of God is love. Embrace you!

Begin by learning who you are, what you need, and what you like. Start making you look the best that you can every day. When you look good, you feel good. Exercise. Eat right. Take care of your temple. None of this is against the law of God or man. Invest in yourself. This year, I am going to make some reading suggestions, activity suggestions, and posit some ideas for you to consider in the rebuilding of your life.

We have to start somewhere or we will remain in the same position! Don't worry, if you find you don't like where you are, you can always go back from whence you came.

Having said that, I want to introduce you to a few things:

A great book: The Resolution for Women written by Patricia Shirer
I am reading this book with an amazing group of women, and we have basically resolved to purpose ourselves to become radically defined by Christ. It is an awesome book.
A great resource: This organization links you to groups in your area that meet up for social pursuits. Anything you can think of doing, there is a group doing it, and if there isn't you can organize the group through meetup.com. Just click on the icon provided here.

A great idea: There is something in you that is desirable, and worth having. If it's worth having, it's worth sharing. If it's worth sharing, it's unique. Ergo - you are unique.

I hope that you choose to investigate these resources in the next couple of weeks. I am going to be providing you with many more great opportunities to step into new areas of life. I'm also going to be sponsoring some giveaways of items I know will help you feel good and look great. I hope that you will provide some comments about some of the things that have helped you to move forward, and we can help each other.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm so glad I found your blog. You are absolutely right. I have learned over the years, no matter how much it hurts or how impossible it may seem to ever heal, God can. He can heal it, fix it, soothe it, restore it, refresh it and renew it, but we have to give it to Him.
    Following you now.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete