It must have triggered a recessed trigger that flipped a nocturnal switch because the next morning, when I was heading to the fridge for egg whites, my mind was headed to the leftover pizza thinking egg whites had to be involved in pizza dough. I am absolutely sure all of the vegetables make it an awesome food choice. Three pieces must be a viable portion since it increases my veggie intake exponentially.
The next day I got up, drank a bottle of water and had an egg white omelet. I stretched into yoga and got back on track. This is my life - a way of life, not a fad. Sometimes I am going to slip, but I am always going to get right back on track.
Have you had any bad days? I don't think I would be human if I didn't.
Here is a healthier pizza recipe, if you wanted to try it!
Eggplant Parmesan Pizza
- 1 small eggplant, (about 12 ounces)
- Yellow cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 pound Easy Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough, or other prepared dough (recipe follows)
- 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced medium clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese